How to Overlay AIR 3.2 SDK in Flash CS 5.5 Professional
Getting the latest AIR SDKs to work with Flash CS 5.5 is a big pain. The following steps will save you some trouble. (This is for Win 7, but something similar should work for Mac, I suppose)
Note: As always, make backups of anything that you overwrite.
It would be foolish to try this without a way to undo these changes.
1. Download the latest AIR 3.2 SDK here:
2. Extract the SDK
3. Rename the parent folder “AIR3.2″
4. Place the “AIR3.2″ folder in <FLASH CS5.5 DIR>\
(on Windows 7, this is located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS5.5)
5. Create a directory named “AIR3.2″ in <FLASH CS5.5 DIR>\Common\Configuration\ActionScript 3.0\
6. Copy AIR3.2\frameworks\libs\air\airglobal.swc and paste it in the newly created <FLASH CS5.5 DIR>\Common\Configuration\ActionScript 3.0\AIR3.2 directory
7. Navigate to <FLASH CS5.5 DIR>\Common\Configuration\Players\
8. Paste in the XML files found in this ZIP file: flashAirXML.zip
9. Remove (back up to somewhere) any other iOS XML file that already exists in <FLASH CS5.5 DIR>\Common\Configuration\Players\
You can have multiple Android XML files here, but not iOS. I have no idea why.
You can now build to iOS with AIR 3.2 and take advantage of Stage3D!